Friday, December 7, 2018

A little Introduction

Hello. My name is Blakley Cook. I'm 31 years old. I live in good old Utah, and yes, I am a Mormon. I am married and have been married for 10 years. I have three children. One girl and two boys. Ages 8,6, and 2. My family is complete and I feel great about that. I didn't grow up here. I was born in Montana. I lived there till I was 8, and then my parents got a divorce. My mom remarried my stepdad, Kent, who at the time was in the Air Force and was stationed in New Mexico. We lived there till I was 10, and then we moved to Florida where I graduated high school. After high school, I moved to Idaho, went to beauty school, and then after that moved to Utah and have been here ever since. I met my husband soon after I got here, and his job will keep us here for at least another 10 years. Well, that's my little introduction about me and now I wanna take a minute and write about why I'm starting this blog and why its titled Life Figured Out. Do I being 31 years old have life figured out? NO!!!!!! Not even close. Have I gone through some tough shit in my life where I feel like I have learned some very valuable life lessons? YES!!!!
I want to share some of these experiences with you. The only reason why I'm doing this is because the tough shit I said I had gone through, are things people are going through all the time. Now that I have been through it, I see people hurting and going through hard things daily. If it hasn't happened to you yet, I'm here to tell you its only a matter of time. I don't mean to come across negative at all but it is a simple truth. It wasn't but 4 years ago that I remember sitting there thinking life was pretty dang good. I was married, sometimes happy and sometimes not even close. Two healthy children that I loved so much. Family all around. My parents lived close and so did my older brother. I remember thinking if my twin lived in Utah, life would be close to perfect, minus the bad days here and there. Then it happened. Christmas Eve, yes Christmas eve, 2014 my mom was admitted to the hospital for a bone infection which wasn't actually a bone infection it was cancer, all over her body, slowly killing her. Until you have experienced what it's like to lose someone close to you, and not just lose them but watch them slowly die you can't comprehend the trauma it can cause in your life. Especially if you have not prepared yourself, or afterward do the things necessary to help you get over it. I'm here to write my story and experiences in hopes to maybe reach someone else going through something similar, and hopefully help them in one way or another. Whether it be to help prevent them from making similar mistakes as I did, because I didn't know how to deal with grief, or to just help someone feel not so alone in this awful thing we call grief. This stuff is very personal and it won't be easy to write but now that I feel like I am out of the fog I can see things so much clearer. I feel like I have answers people might be searching for themselves. I feel like I can maybe help others. Hopefully. This is my story. Whether anyone reads this or not I know it will help my children one day understand me better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment